Saturday, April 27, 2024
HomeEntertainmentLady Gaga’s New Single is ‘Born’

Lady Gaga’s New Single is ‘Born’

After the long wait, Lady Gaga’s new single “Born This Way” from her third studio album of the same name has finally arrived. “Born This Way” was set to premier at the 53rd Grammy Awards, but she tweeted to her fans that she couldn’t wait any longer and moved the date up to Feb. 11. The song was released to radio stations around the world at approximately 2 a.m. and to the public at 9 a.m. that same morning. Lady Gaga’s song “Born This Way” has been out for about six days, and already she and the song have caused a storm of talk, buzz, controversy and absolute love or hate from her fans.

At the MTV Music Video Awards last year, Lady Gaga announced the title of her new single and sang a verse for her fans.  Then on New Year’s at the stroke of midnight, she tweeted to her fans the release date of the “Born This Way” single and the album itself.  Later she also released the lyrics to “Born This Way” to her fans via her website. Needless to say, her fans and the world were extremely excited for her new music.

Not long after the single was heard, people started to compare “Born This Way” to Madonna’s songs “Vogue” and “Express Yourself.” The kids of the 80s were outraged and said that Gaga completely copied Madonna. It’s even reported that Madonna’s brother expressed his outrage with “Born This Way,” claiming it was complete plagiarism.

Lady Gaga has stated many times that Madonna is her idol and inspiration; they have a lot of things in common, but are also very different. In an interview with Jay Leno, Lady Gaga addressed the  similarity between the songs. She stated that she called Madonna, who loved and gave her 100 percent support of the song.

Overall, “Born This Way” has received great feedback from her fans and critics. This song is very upbeat and all about accepting yourself. It’s different from what we all expect from a Gaga song, for the lyrics are inspiring and uplifting. This song was also dedicated to Lady Gaga’s strong LBGT base, with verses like “No matter gay, straight or bi, lesbian, transgendered life. I’m on the right track, baby. I was born to survive.”  This song touches on a lot of emotional notes.

At the 53rd Annual Grammy Awards, Lady Gaga once again made an appearance and delivered a performance that will be talked about for a long time to come. The fashion icon and pop singer arrived at the award show encased in a life-sized egg and finally broke out during her performance of “Born This Way.”

Gaga took the stage and hatched to perform her new song.  Dressed in a yolk-colored skintight outfit and horned shoulder, she performed an exciting number.  The dancing was amazing, and Lady Gaga’s vocals and piano skills were once again over the top and a joy to watch. Many fans and bloggers took to the social networks and stated that after the performance, they liked “Born This Way” even more. No matter whether you like or didn’t like the performance, it was over the top, weird and totally Gaga.

On Tuesday, during the Ryan Seacrest radio show via phone interview, Lady Gaga shared the shocking information that she spent 72 hours in the egg that she arrived and hatched from at the Grammys.

“I was in there for about 72 hours,” Gaga told Seacrest. “And it was a very creative experience, and it was time for me to prepare and really think about the meaning of ‘Born This Way’ and get prepared for the performance. I really wanted to be born on stage.”

Moreover, “Born This Way” made music history by going straight to No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 song chart to become the 1,000th top song in the list’s 52-year history.

In an interview with Billboard, Lady Gaga stated, “It is a tremendous honor to be the 1,000th  No. 1 on Billboard … I would be silly not to say this is the greatest honor of my career.”

Lady Gaga has returned and is reborn to her fans and the masses. With the release of her new and third record, five Grammy’s under her belt and her name in all places of the media, Lady Gaga is truly on top of her game and the world. Everybody will just have to see what’s next from this supernova pop star.